enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | CS

Pidivadlo

history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1890 | Construction
The Pidivadlo theatre is located in a Neo-Renaissance building  that was built by Josef Tampier, a builder from Holešovice, originally as a three storied one. At that time, a coffee shop occupied the entire ground floor of the whole front sector of the house.
(detail)1927 | Reconstruction
The house was heighten by one storey in 1927, by which it was deprived of its corner Neo-Renaissance attic.
(detail)1994 | Opening
Reconstruction was carried out in 1994 converting the former cafe into a theatre with a cafe  called U Panáků and the design was worked out by the design office PRO 91. The theatre was inserted into the left wing, the cafe into the right one.

History

Pidivadlo conveys its chamber character by its name in Czech and is to be found in one of palatial rental houses from the 19th century in Holešovice district close to Letná Plain and to the buildings of the National Technical Museum. This stage of the Vyšší odborná škola herecká is located in a Neo-Renaissance building  that was built by Josef Tampier, a builder from Holešovice, originally as a three storied one. At that time, a coffee shop occupied the entire ground floor of the whole front sector of the house that is broken by  display windows, which were topped with semi-circles. The house was heighten by one storey in 1927, by which it was deprived of its corner Neo-Renaissance attic. The wing of the present day theatre contained tailoring workshops in the 1970s. 

 
A reconstruction was carried out in 1994 converting the former cafe into a theatre with a cafe  called U Panáků. The city district Prague 7 was the investor and the design was worked out by the design office PRO 91. The theatre was inserted into the left wing, the cafe with a capacity of 27 seats into the right one. The entrance has remained preserved.  A spectator comes into the foyer of the theatre through a corner entrance, the designer inserted a cash desk into a corner in a small hall and a cloak room next to the entrance into the cafe. The theatre hall is directly adjoined to this hall, a technical booth is located right next to the entrance into the theatre hall. From the hall of the capacity of 57 seats, it is possible to enter to an adjacent corridor, where toilets for the theatre and cafe are located. A dressing room is adjoined to the stage towards the yard and behind it, a yard extension of the props store room. A heightened stage was inserted in the theatre hall, the auditorium with seven rows is without a floor gradient, only two rear boxes with six seats are elevated over the floor level.

Sources and literature:
A: Stavební archiv Mě části Praha 7

 

Tags: chamber theatre, Neo-Renaissance, terraced house, theatre hall

 

Author: Markéta Svobodová

Translator: Jan Purkert

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

eightpluseight=