EN
Geschichte des TheatersAnhangtechnische AngabenHistorische AusstattungHis Majesty’s Theatre
Frank Matcham
His Majesty's Theatre | |
Auf der Karte zeigen |
Wichtige Ereignisse
(Detail)2005 | alteration
The theatre closed in March 2004 in order for an extension and renovation project to be carried out by Aberdeen City Council Architects. Amongst the new facilities required to keep the building functioning were modern dressing rooms, a rehearsal area and a green room. A new glass and granite extension was built which includes a new foyer and box office, as well as a coffee shop and restaurant. It reopened in September 2005.
Menschen
Frank Matcham |Hauptarchitekt
Geschichte
His Majesty’s Theatre in Aberdeen is listed at category A in view of its national importance. It is also by the architect Frank Matcham, and opened shortly after the King’s in Glasgow in December 1906 at a cost of £35,000. Built in Kemnay granite and with a copper-capped dome, it forms a distinguished feature in the streetscape. The auditorium has three galleries and it is somewhat restrained in its decor.
In: Acting with confidence. Scotland's theatre architecture. p.28 ISBN: 978-1-84917-038-3.
Weitere Informationen
Keine Information vorhanden
Information hinzufügen