enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
Navegación Base de datos
EN | CS | DE

Theatre hall of the Benedictine abbey

Historia del teatrosuplementodatos técnicosEquipamiento histórico

eventos importantes

(Detalle)1726 | construction
constructed in 1715-26 by P. Christoph Vogt.
(Detalle)1873 | Reconstruction
stage restauration

Gente

P. Christoph Vogt |arquitecto

Historia

Ottobeuren began to gain in importance when the baroque abbey was built, to which a theatre hall was added in 1725. Under the guidance of Benedictine monks, monastery scholars performed Christian plays as was customary in the 17th and 18 centuries in many monasteries. Nowadays, only two of these school theatres are preserved, Ottobeuren being the oldest of them. Although the theatre hall with its ceiling paintings, frescos and stuccos is no longer playable, it is part of the tour through the function rooms of the monastery.



Klostermuseum Ottobeuren • Sebastian-Kneipp-Straße 1 • 87724 Ottobeuren • Germany • +49 (0)8332 798-0 • pforte@abtei-ottobeuren.de • www.abtei-ottobeuren.de



Visits: from Palm Sunday to All Saints’ Day (1st November), daily from 10am-12pm and 2-5pm. Last entrance 20 minutes before closure.
Limited opening times in winter.

 

 

Información adicional

Ninguna información se ha introducido todavía

Añadir información

Nombre: El nombre será publicado

Email: El email no será publicado

Información: por favor introducir información sobre este teatro, mínimo 10 caracteres

twoplusfive=