Navegación Base de datos

Cuvilliés Theater

Francois Cuvilliés

alias Opernhaus, Altes Residenztheater
Historia del teatrosuplementodatos técnicosEquipamiento histórico

eventos importantes

(Detalle)1657 | construction
The first theatre at the Salvatorplatz named Opernhaus was erected.
(Detalle)50. de 18. siglo | construction
Built 1751-1755 for Kurfürst Max III. Joseph von Bayern by François Cuvilliés.
(Detalle)12.10.1753 | opening
Opened on 12th October of 1753 with Ferrandini's "Catone in Utica".
(Detalle)1944 | destroyed
Originally the theatre was located where the present (New) Residence Theatre stands; after its destruction in World War II, the theatre was rebuilt in a wing of the Residence.
(Detalle)50. de 20. siglo | reconstruction
Auditorium was renovated in 1856-1857 and moved in 1956-1958 to an other place in the Residentzplatz and re-opened in 1958 with a performance of Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro.


(Detalle)Francois Cuvilliés |arquitecto principal

Few architectural careers can have followed a stranger course than that of Cuvillies. Born in Flanders in 1695, he had come to Bavaria as a professional dwarf, then trained as an engineer, and had then been sent to Paris to study architecture under Jean Francois Blondel. He returned to Munich as the ambassador of a new style, uniting in a seemingly effortless way the energy and richness of the Germans with French daintiness and discipline. He remained essentially a decorator, unable to challenge his German contemporaries (Neumann, Fischer, Zimmermann) in pure architectural virtuosity, the moulding and mani¬pulation of space.


IN: Tidworth, Simon : Theatres: An Illustrated History. London 1973 p. 90

Lorenzo Quaglio |arquitecto




Información adicional

Ninguna información se ha introducido todavía

Añadir información

Nombre: El nombre será publicado

Email: El email no será publicado

Información: por favor introducir información sobre este teatro, mínimo 10 caracteres