enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
Navigazione: database
EN | PL | IT

Pleciuga Puppet Theatre

Storia del teatroSupplementodati tecniciHistoric equipment

Eventi importanti

(dettaglio)29.5.2009 | opening of the new building
premiere: Kubuś i jego pan. Hołd w trzech aktach dla Denisa Diderota (Jacques et son Maitre Hommage a Diderot), dir. Paweł Aigner

Persone

Jacek Nesterowicz |architetto

Storia

From 1972 to 2008, the Pleciuga Puppet Theatre was based at 9 Kaszubska Street. As soon as the construction of a new building started, the company moved to the Academic Culture Centre where it performed until the new building was completed.

The new location of the Pleciuga Puppet Theatre is a detached building in a square in the heart of Szczecin. The construction of the new building was fully financed by the company ECE, which took over the theatre’s former land to develop its investment there.

The concept of the new building was drawn up with the participation of the management of the Pleciuga Theatre, representatives of ECE and of the Wrocław Szczecin Council, as well as specialists in theatre technologies. As a result, a functional building was designed, which, apart from meeting the demands of artists and theatre workers, ensures the safety and comfort of spectators. The architectural design was drawn up by a group of architects from ECE and a reputable Szczecin design office, Dedeco, under the guidance of Jacek Nesterowicz. While working on the interior designs, he was assisted by Krzysztof Ostoja-Hełczyński, Barbara Pawelec, Barbara Grudnicka and Tomasz Kondratowicz. The main contractor of the construction works was the Szczecin branch of Erbud S.A.  

The new building of the Pleciuga Puppet Theatre does not make up a part of the frontage of the street. It is a complex of simple blocks, perpendicular to each other, located on axes similar to East-West and North-South. The front elevations of the building are about 48 metres wide. The development includes an access road from Niedziałkowski Street, which enables deliveries to the theatre and provides access to parking places, the garage and dustbins. The building is located in the centre of Teatralny Square, with the main entrance on the western part of the building, opening onto Wąska Street. The new theatre building has a total area of 3,500 m2, and a usable area of about 3,000 m2. It is 16.2 metres high, with a cubic capacity of over 15,000m3.

The building consists of three storeys. The ground floor is first and foremost the spectators’ area: it includes the main stage with an auditorium that can seat 298, a spatial, 200-square-metre hall with natural light, a small stage, teaching rooms, as well as a bar area and bathrooms. Next to the stage there are workshops, where the sets are made. Technical rooms and storerooms are in the basement. The rooms on the first floor are for the actors: these are dressing rooms, a puppet workshop, administration rooms, guest rooms, a conference room and a rehearsal room. All the storeys are served by a passenger and freight elevator.

Outside, the building has a modern and modernist form, suiting the surrounding green belts and the varied architecture of the neighbouring buildings.

            The front elevation is glazed in the entrance part. The entrance to the theatre building symbolises a passage through the stage opening into the magical world of puppets: on the sides of the entrance there is an imitation of a curtain wrought from metal. Apart from the entrance, the main element of the front elevation is a large inscription with the name and the logo of the theatre placed on the reinforced concrete canopy.

As for the other elevations, smaller blocks are contrasted with larger ones, delicate colours with brighter ones. The exterior walls have been finished with silicone thin-layer plaster, painted in white with silicone paint. Window openings are large, with wooden frames protruding from the front of the wall. Screen walls and the wall of the workshops also protrude from the front of the main walls. From the north, a steel construction covers the screen walls, being a grid for creepers. 

 The space over the stage, along with the adjoining rooms, is covered with an aluminium construction fixed directly to the walls of the building and to the construction installed on the roof. They are also covered with silicone thin-layer plaster painted in dark grey with silicone paint.

There is disabled access to the building from the ground level. With no architectural barriers, there is access from the area in front of the building through the main entrance and foyer, and to the first two rows of the audience through the side entrance. Thirty-nine seats in the first two rows can be dismantled if necessary. There is also disabled access to the floor using the passenger and freight elevator.

Basic numerical data

Number of storeys: 3

Height of the building: 16.2 m

Covered area: 2,030 m2

Total area: 3,500 m2

Usable area: 3,000 m2

Area of the auditorium: 200 m2

Source: ECE Projektmanagement Polska

 

 

Literature:

  1. (f), „Pleciuga" w nowym gmachu, „Kurier Szczeciński" 1957, No. 108.
  2. (j), „Zielony mosteczek". Premiera w teatrzyku „Rusałka", „Kurier Szczeciński" 1953, No. 293.
  3. (j), Teatr Lalek „Rusałka" wreszcie we własnym lokalu. „Kot w butach", „Kurier Szczeciński" 1954, No. 145.
  4. (j)., Teatr Lalek w Szczecinie. „Rusałka" zamiast „Czarodzieja", „Kurier Szczeciński" 1953, No. 275.
  5. (j.s), Komisja kultury w „Pleciudze", „Głos Szczeciński" 1966, No. 256.
  6. (jf), Spotkanie lalkarzy, „Kurier Szczeciński" 1972, No. 46.
  7. (lem), Fotele dla „Pleciugi", „Kurier Szczeciński" 2001, No. 44.
  8. (m.m.). Jubileusz Teatru Lalek, „Głos Szczeciński" 1963, No. 237.
  9. (r), „Rusałka" w nowym gmachu. Teatr dla najmłodszych rozpoczyna bogaty program, „Kurier Szczeciński 1956, No. 225.
  10. ADL, Nastawnia przed przeprowadzką. „Pleciuga" z optymizmem, „Kurier Szczeciński" 2001, No. 146.
  11. Dominiak-Górski Sz., Nowe Centrum Szczecina?, „Kurier Szczeciński" 2001, No. 53.
  12. EP, Teatr Lalek „Pleciuga", „Kocham teatr", zeszyt nr 1, praca zbiorowa. CO SIĘ WYDAJE, „Gazeta Wyborcza. Szczecin" 2001, No. 282.
  13. F.J., „Teatr kukiełkowy „Czarodziej" powstaje z popiołów komisyjnych narad, „Kurier Szczeciński" 1953, No. 108.
  14. F.J., O teatrze lalek „Rusałka", „Kurier Szczeciński" 1957, No. 44.
  15. Husaim-Sobecka Y., Galeria zamiast „Pleciugi", „Głos Szczeciński" 2002, No. 57.
  16. Jordan F., „Przyjaciel czy wróg?". Premiera w „Pleciudze", „Kurier Szczeciński" 1963, No. 242
  17. Rabenda M., Było zbyt pięknie, „Gazeta Wyborcza. Szczecin" 2002, No. 248.
  18. Teatr „Pleciuga" trzydzieści już lat wzrusza najmłodszych. Rozmawiał: B.N., „Rodzina. Tygodnik Katolicki" 1983, nr 50.
  19. Waissmann, 25 lat w teatrze dla najmłodszych, „Głos Szczeciński" 1972, No. 44.

 

 

Informazioni aggiuntive

Non e stata ancora inserita nessuna informazione

Aggiungi informazioni

Nome: il nome sara pubblicato

Email: l'emal non sara pubblicata

informazioni: per favore inserisci le informazioni relative a questo teatro, almeno 10 caratteri

settepiùnove=