enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
Navigazione: database
Storia del teatroSupplementodati tecniciHistoric equipment

Eventi importanti

(dettaglio)1962 | other
resolution to build a puppet theater in Bialystok from grants and Social Capital Reconstruction Fund
(dettaglio)1975 | construction
beginning of construction of a new theater
(dettaglio)19.12.1979 | opening

Persone

Storia

1952 – at the end of the year, the Sawicki theatre moved into premises at 3 Piękna Street, the room of the former Pionier Cinema. The necessary repairs were carried out by the theatre group itself. ‘You need a specific sense of humour to call Piękna (‘beautiful’ in Polish – translator’s note) the street where the Świerszcz puppet theatre was located. In fact it distinguished itself with its ugliness, even in the dense net of dirty, narrow streets entangling Sienny Market’ (Ryszard Kraśko);

1956 – the closure of the room at 3 Piękna Street due to violating the basic regulations of health and safety; several months of wandering and the return;

 4 March 1957- the closure of the room at 3 Piękna Street due to violating the basic regulations of health and safety; several months of wandering and the return;

1958/59 season – the room of the Civic Militia in Lenina Street

1959/60 season – the performance room at 7 Kilińskiego Street;

1960 – workshops and administration of  the theatre at 53b Sienkiewicza Street;

1961 - the closure of the performance room at 7 Kilińskiego Street due to serious health risks (health and safety regulations are not fulfilled)

- obtaining the room of the cinema-theatre of the Trade Unions at 3 M. Skłodowskiej-Curie Street, the theatre is sharing it with a symphony orchestra; the room is also a venue of various meetings and conferences;

1962 – a resolution to build a puppet theatre in Białystok, and to subsidise it from the Social Fund for the Reconstruction of the Capital

1964 – preparing the design of the new theatre by Warsaw architects Wacław Kłyszewski, Jerzy Mokrzyński and Eugeniusz Wierzbicki; at the same time the Social Fund for the Reconstruction of the Capital was dissolved and the idea of building the theatre evaporated.

1969 – permission to use the performance room in M. Skłodowskiej-Curie Street was withdrawn. The board of the Crafts Chamber allows the theatre to use its conference room at 4/6 Warszawska Street (and to carry out necessary adaptation works).

1970 – the theatre moves into the Craft House at 4/6 Warszawska Street after three months of adaptation works (October - December);

1973 – the approval of  ‘technical-economic conditions of  the investment to build the Puppet Theatre in Białystok, including the infrastructure and accompanying networks, for the total amount of zł 30 million to be accomplished within 42 months.’ The design, based on the guidelines from 1964, was prepared at record-breaking speed by the same architects;

1974 - the theatre rents a performance room from the BWA Contemporary Art Gallery in the compound of “flying objects” at 14 Manifestu Lipcowego Street. Until the end of the 1979/80 season, it houses a stage for adults – ‘Rotunda’;

1975 – construction work on the new theatre at 1 Kalinowskiego Street starts; ‘for a year the work is conducted illegally, for the next year – unofficially.’ (‘Gazeta Współczesna’ 14–16 December 1979, No 281);

The building of the Białystok Puppet Theatre – late 1970s   – the opening of the new theatre at 1 Kalinowski Street (19 December 1979); three days earlier the newspaper ‘Gazeta Wyborcza’ published a statement by a local architect Henryk Toczydłowski: ‘It is not architecture… There is a house, there is no theatre… What was built here, could just as well house a button factory, a library or a laundry.’

1999 – adjusting the building to the needs of the disabled: erecting a wheelchair ramp, reconstructing the main entrance and the hall.

2004 – opening a new performance room

2007 – reconstruction of the foyer, whose area was doubled, building on basements housing theatre storerooms, making it accessible to the audience

The investment was accomplished with financial aid from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and of the city of Białystok

2008 – the enlargement of the infrastructure with a back entrance, a rehearsal room, auxiliary rooms and storerooms. 

 The investment was accomplished with financial aid from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and of the city of Białystok

2009 – from February to August, the Białystok Puppet Theatre prepared the technical documentation required to carry out the investment of modernising and equipping the performance room and the auditorium.

The project was accomplished thanks to funds from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.

material sent from the Białystok Puppets Theatre

 

Literature:

  1. Białostocki Teatr Lalek, wyd. Białostocki Teatr Lalek, Białystok 2008.
  2. Jubileuszowy remanent : Białostocki Teatr Lalek, red. Jadwiga Jerlecka, Adam Dzierma, Białostocki Teatr Lalek, Białystok 2003.
  3. W teatrze i obok teatru : jubileusz pięćdziesięciolecia Białostockiego Teatru Lalek / Białostocki Teatr Lalek, Galeria Arsenał, Białystok 2003.
  4. Waszkiel M., Białostocki Teatr Lalek, BTL, Białystok 2011.

 

 

Informazioni aggiuntive

Non e stata ancora inserita nessuna informazione

Aggiungi informazioni

Nome: il nome sara pubblicato

Email: l'emal non sara pubblicata

informazioni: per favore inserisci le informazioni relative a questo teatro, almeno 10 caratteri

cinquepiùsei=