enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN

Staatstheater

Hermann Ahlburg, Carl Wolf

alias Herzogliches Hofheater
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1.10.1861 | construction
construction : 1859-1861 Architect: Carl Wolf & Hermann Ahlburg Opened on 1 Oct 1861 with Goethe's "Iphigenie auf Tauris".
(detail)1902 | reconstruction
Interior rebuilt 1902-1904 by Heinrich Seeling.
(detail)1945 | Reconstruction
Reconstruction: 1945-1948 by Johann Daniel Thulesius. Re-opened 28 December 1948 as with Mozart's "Don Giovanni". Seating capacity: 900

People

Hermann Ahlburg |main architect
Carl Wolf |main architect
(detail)Heinrich Christian Seeling |architect

He was born into a family of Christian Seeling master bricklayer. Even as a boy he learned the craft mason with his father. He was a student of Academy of Architecture in Berlin. He worked in the Berlin studio Hugo Licht, chief counsel of urban construction in Leipzig. The event that had an impact on the architect's career was winning awards in the competition for the theater in Halle. He was honored with the Royal Order of Class IV.

Picture: A design of an opernahus by him for Berlin

In: Freydank , Ruth. Theater in Berlin: von den Anfängen bis 1945. Berlin, 1988. p. 309

More theatres

History

 

 

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

sevenminussix=