/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database


Martin Dülfer

alias Casino-Theater, Theater der Casino-Gesellschaft
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1753 | First theatre

(detail)1857 | closure
The first theatre at the site was demolished around 1857.
(detail)3.3.1858 | Second theatre
Second theatre at the site was opened 3rd March of 1858 with a guest performance by the Schwerin court opera company.
(detail)1905 | Closure
The second theatre was closed in 1905 due to safety concerns and was demolished around 1907
(detail)1907 | construction
Built 1907-1908 to the design by Martin Dülfer.
(detail)1.10.1908 | opening
Opened with Wagner's ouverture to "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg", Goethe's "Geschwister", and Schiller's fragment "Demetrius".
(detail)1938 | alteration

(detail)1992 | Closure
Closed due to safety concerns.
(detail)90. 's 20. century | alteration
Major restoration was carried out between 1993 and 1996 to the design by Chlumsky, Peters, and Hildebrand.


(detail)Martin Dülfer |main architect

German architect and professor, who designed initially in Baroque Revival style and around 1900 employed Art Nouveau and joined both the branches to original synthesis. He built especially for higher middle class.


More theatres

Werner Peters |architect
Carl Moritz |architect - participant of the competition
Georg Roemer |sculptor
Karl Weinberger |sculptor




Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters