/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database

Royal Theatre

Antonio López Aguado

alias Teatro de los Caños del Peral, Teatro Real
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1708 | opening
Teatro de los Caños del Peral was opened at the site of the later Royal Theatre.
(detail)1817 | Demolition

(detail)1818 | CONSTRUCTION
Built 1818-1850 by Antonio López Aguado at the former site of the Teatro de los Caños del Peral.
(detail)19.11.1850 | OPENING
Opened with Donizetti's "La Favorite".
(detail)1925 | CLOSURE
Closed in 1925 because of dilapidation.
(detail)1965 | ALTERATION
Reconstructed between 1965 and 1966 to the design by Manuel González Valcárcel.
(detail)13.10.1966 | OPENING

(detail)1997 | ALTERATION
Converted into an opera house by González Valcárcel, Francisco Rodríguez a.o in 1986-1997. Re-opened with de Falla's ballet "El sombrero de tres picos" and de Falla's opera "La vida breve".





Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters