enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN

Opernhaus am Taschenberg

Wolf Caspar von Klengel

alias Komödienhaus am Taschenberg, Klengelsches Opernhaus
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1667 | opening

(detail)1708 | closure

People

Wolf Caspar von Klengel |main architect

History

Das 1664 bis 1667 von Wolf Caspar von Klengel erbaute erste Dresdner Opernhaus fasste bis zu 2000 Besucher und war eines der größten europäischen Theater seiner Zeit. Dresden's first opera house, 1664, was by a German architect who had studied in Italy, Kaspar von Klengel; here the proscenium arch was combined with sweeping staircases to the gallery, an interesting attempt to bring the grand staircase inside the auditorium.

 

In: TIDWORTH, Simon. Theatres: An Illustrated History. London: Pall Mall, 1973. p. 74

 

 

Author: Simon Tidworth

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

fourminustwo=