enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | CS

Theatre in the hotel Piast

Edward David

alias Těšín Theatre in Český Těšín (1950- 1991), Theatre of Těšín in Silesia (1947- 1950)
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)21.12.1931 | opening

The theatre was located in the building of the hotel Piast that was ceremonially opened on 29th December of 1931. Edward David was assigned with realization of the project. It was a seat of Polish institutions and associations, there was a restaurant, cafe and hotel Polonia. There was originaly only a theatre hall that was used also for  other purposes (lectures, social events etc. ).


(detail)1946 | reconstruction
The hall was converted into a theatre in 1946.
(detail)1960 | closure

People

Edward David |main architect

History

 

Tags: theatre hall

 

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

nineminusthree=