/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database

Theatre Brandýs nad Orlicí

Josef Drahoš

history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1890 | construction
The theatre building was originally a private villa „Ludmila", which was erected in 1890 due to the incentive of Horský family.  The local  Sokol movement purchased the villa in 1924 and converted it into a gym.
(detail)1930 | reconstruction
The building was converted into a theatre in 1930 according to the design by local builder J. V. Jiříček. Without remodelling the outer of the building, the stage section was added to the original structure so a ununified building in style came into existence. At the same time, it was not only a theatre, but a gym, cinema being used for other purposes as well.


Josef Drahoš |main architect
J. V. Jiříček |architect


Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters