enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | DE

State Theatre Salzburg

Hermann Helmer, Ferdinand Fellner

alias Salzburger Landestheater
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1775 | opening
The ballroom at the market was converted into the Court Theatre.
(detail)X.4.1892 | closure
Despite several modifications, the first theatre did not meet the safety requirements for a theatre, after the fire protection regulations were adopted because of fire in Nice and Vienna and was closed in April of 1892.
(detail)1892 | construction
This new theatre was built on the site of the old court theatre. The foundation stone was placed on 1st May of 1892. Fellner & Helmer were assigned with the construction of the ne theatre without competition.
(detail)1.10.1893 | opening
Opened with Mozart's ouverture to "La clemenza di Tito", a prologue by Josef Kollmann, and a drama "Der Talisman" by Ludwig Fulda.
(detail)1924 | renovation
Renovation of the lighting system.
(detail)1938 | Alteration
Reconstruction by J. Holzinger and P. Geppert jun. The theatre received its present appearance. Re-opened with a festival production of the Mozart's "Abduction from the Seraglio.
(detail)1978 | alteration
New turntable, air conditioning, new seating were installed during 1977 and 1978.

People

(detail)Hermann Helmer |main architect
The phenomenon of the architects Fellner and Helmer would be difficult to capture with only one building. Their work consisted of continual, although somewhat stereotypical, work in terms of style. They placed a great emphasis on achieving the technical-operational needs of theatre buildings. They created a large number of theatres (mainly national theatres) in Central Europe - Austria, Croatia, Romania, the Czech Republic, etc.More theatres

(detail)Theodor Friedl |sculptor

Sculptor, author of original decoration in Prague State Opera.

More theatres

History

Literature:

– Hans-Christoph Hoffmann, Die Theaterbauten von Fellner und Helmer, München 1966, p. 110 and fig. 181–186

– Gerhard M. Dienes (ed.), Fellner & Hellmer: Die Architekten der Illusion. Theaterbau und Bühnenbild in Europa, Graz 1999, pp. 184–186

– Carsten Jung, Historische Theater in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz, Berlin–München 2010, p.119

 

Tags: Fellner and Helmer

 

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

sevenplusseven=