enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | HU

Móricz Zsigmond Színház

history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1894 | opening

History

The permanent theare building in Nyíregyháza, which is still standing, was opened in 1894. In the 19th century performances were held in a summer theatre, which was a typical building type of the century. The one-storey-high building facade is articulated with seven opening axes. The middle projection is articulated with three axes. On the ground floor the middle projection is articulated with three circular-ended entrances, which work as a terrace on the first floor.

The ground floor openings are circular ended. The first floor windows are framed by a tympanum shape, on the side wings the window openings are square-ended. The ground floor’s wall-face and the corners are horizontally grouted as well. A dividing and a closing edge are running around the building. The theater space can be classified as a linearly confronted axial type. The rows of seats formed a curved line and a mild fan form, almost everyone from the audience facing the stage. On the first floor there is a balcony with 4 rows of seats.

 

 

 

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

ninepluseight=