enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | CS

Town Theatre Český Krumlov

alias Südböhmische Schaubühne (1919 - 1938)
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)80. 's 16. century | construction
The beginnings of the theatrical use of the house N. 153 in Horní ulice (Upper Street) are related to the neighbouring Jesuit College, built in the location of older houses in 1586-1590.
(detail)1655 | theatre hall
An assembly hall or auditorium for ceremonial gatherings, dialogue production and theatre plays was probably erected in 1654 and the disciples produced a play Protasius, Arimae regulus in this hall in the following year.
(detail)1810 | alteration
The theatre hall was not in a good state already at the end of the 18th century. Apparently, only minor modifications or repairs had been carried out before the end of 1808, because the theatre was operational already in January of 1809. The majority of construction works was concentrated to summer months of 1810.
(detail)1919 | Permanent theatre company
The school changed its seat after the First World War and only now the theatre commenced to utilize the entire house. Permanent theatre company was based here since 1919.
(detail)1947 | altertion
After the end of the Send World War, there appeared again complaints about the bad state of the theatre and its equipment in documents. The largest part of indispensable theatre reconstruction was carried out in 1947. Apart of underground services exchange, for instance a new floor was laid in the auditorium, the theatre was given a new curtain and drop.
(detail)28.10.1947 | opening

(detail)27.3.1971 | closing
Despite the executed repairs, technical state of the building was being permanently deteriorating since the 1940s, even a statics problems appeared and general building adaptation seemed to be soon unavoidable. Last performance in the old city theatre took place on 27th March 1971. The building was being closed up with the vision of reconstruction.
(detail)80. 's 20. century | reconstruction
The authors of the reconstruction, being carried out from the half of the 1980s up to 1993, were – still under SÚRPMO- M. Hnát (project leader) and B. Horák ( responsible designer and main engineer), Hana Zachová was cooperating on architectural layout and other experts on other particular tasks. The construction has been realized by Polish firm Budimex Inc.
(detail)22.6.1993 | opening
The new theatre was opened on 22nd June 1993 by the performance of the play Of Mice and Men based on the novel by John Steinbeck by the troupe of the Prague Pod Palmovkou Theatre. The building has undergone only the indispensable roof repair and a part of its technical equipment was altered since then.

People

Karl Nowaček |architect
Miloslav Hnát |architect
Hana Zachová |architect

History

The present city theatre came into existence during the reconstruction of so called Nová hospoda (New pub) above former Horní brána (Upper gate)  afterwards the old theatre in Horní ulice (Upper Street), founded already in 17th century close to Jesuits college, ceased to exist during its conversion into a hotel. It faces south to Horní Brána (Upper gate) Street with the one storey entrance facade, north to Vltava valley with rear ell.

 

I. Old building, Horní 153

The beginnings of the theatrical use of the house N. 153 in Horní ulice (Upper Street) are related to neighbouring Jesuit College, built in the location of older houses in 1586-1590. Reports about the construction development, dimension and appearance of Jesuit’s  and later city theatre are, however, only fragmentary up to the end of the 19th century and its interpretation is hindered by frequent repetition of some erroneous or conflicting assertions as well. Incorrect is the assertion, frequently handed down, that building of the later theatre was built in the location of abolished synagogue. According to Jiří  Záloha, the term synagogue, which indeed appears in reports about the house since the middle of the 17th century, is necessary to understand only as a defamatory label for a house, in which non-Catholics lived, which  did not need to have anything in common with Jewishness. We know nothing certain about the existence and location of Krumlov synagogue at that time. Although for instance the authors of historical building survey of the theatre conceded that the location by city fortifications would have been convenient for it, more probable is opposite Záloha’s opinion that it would not have been possible at the beginning of the 17th century that Jewish chapel would have been standing in exposed Horní ulici (Upper Street), furthermore in the close vicinity of the Catholic church.

Hypothesis about the synagogue was definitely ruled out by the new detection of house owners since beginning of the 16th century, when it was possessed by three generations of butchers; it is commemorated today by a newly unveiled crest of butcher’s guild on the facade. The Jesuits were given the entire area between presbytery, Upper gate and fortification walls above the river from Vilém of Rožmberk at College foundation; therefore the city bought out eight private houses and several gardens including the house of butcher Tancl, who was given 450 three scores of Meissner Groschen  for it. Therefore erroneous is the report of older authors that College purchased the house from Abraham Albin of  Schwalbenhof in 1603.

The older literature often states as well that the building of the future theatre was already adapted in 1613 for theatre purposes.  This year is, however, related only to the construction of a wooden theatre “a movable stage” (therefore with a mechanism for moving scenery) in the yard of the College. Not before the half of the 17th century, the theatre was relocated into a hall adapted for this purpose “in the old house neighbouring with the town gate”, used before probably only as a storeroom (it seems that the Jesuits abandoned the original plan of adaptation of  College chapel here). College chancellor P. Jan Dasselmann was writing about the plan of assembly hall or auditorium establishment for ceremonial gatherings, dialogue production and theatre plays in 1653 shortly  after the construction of Jesuit seminary ( N. 152, presently museum) had been finished. He commenced to realize it probably in the following year and already in 1655, disciples produced play Protasius, Arimae regulus in this hall. A part of endowment of Admond abbot Urban for College was dedicated for theatre equipment two years later. Mentions of alleged repairs or theatre stage enlargement in 1635 and 1639 are then perhaps still related to a wooden stage in the yard of College. (Javorin’s assertion that the theatre came into existence concurrently with the College is apparently erroneous interpretation of the fact that students enacted the first theatre performance in College already in 1591.)

If it did not come into existence already in 1613, old Český Krumlov theatre was then not 

“the oldest theatre building in the Central Europe” as it has been often stated. It is not possible to even speak about a theatre building for a long time: all classes of high school were moved here from College in 1663 and similarly as in other colleges, the theatre hall in Český Krumlov was in fact only the biggest of high school classrooms. Even after the high school had been abolished, classrooms occupied the ground floor and a part of the first floor of the house and the theatre acquired the entire house not before the beginning of the 20th century. Despite of it, Krumlov Jesuits’ theatre was important in comparison with theatres of another colleges and certainly well technically equipped as the reports of produced performances evidence. The largest one occurred in 1687 and lasted for three days and one did not save the effects requiring rich decorating and complicated machinery. Jesuit theatre, following especially propagandistic purposes apart pedagogic regards, was produced also elsewhere apart the theatre hall, often in the college garden,  church, at square, in streets or in Krumlov chateau.

We do not know the exact age of the house N. 153: portal with a pointed arch in the street frontage originates from the time around the middle of the 15th century. According to the dimension, mentioned in 1653, only the older, west part of the house with a portal was standing still in the middle of the 17th century. The east part is more recent as well as the first floor, added to it at the same time or even later. It is not possible to say with certainty, whether the house spread out in the course of adaptations, mentioned in relation with relocation of the high school in 1663 (at least barrel vaults with lunettes in the ground floor originate precisely from the 17th century) or not until around 1760, when cracks appeared on the house walls and it was necessary to carry out extensive repairs (preserved layout of the facades came into existence in this phase).

Storey layout of the enlarged house probably corresponded originally to the ground floor ( central corridor behind the staircase, transverse double aisle on the sides) and this layout has remained only in rear (south) part of the house only after the theatre hall had been adapted to its final extent.

The theatre hall was not in a good state already at the end of the 18th century. It underwent a reconstruction between 1808 – 1812, about which we are better informed than about the older ones. Apparently only minor adaptations or repairs had been carried out before the end of 1808, because the theatre  was operational already in January of 1809. The majority of construction works was concentrated to summer months of 1810; 1 981 Guldens and 51 Crowns were spent on building from the total budget of  2 242 Guldens 21¼ Crowns between July to September. A large part of disbursements was allegedly covered by profit from productions. According to a contemporary report, citizens spoke highly how a nice theatre was given to them after the reconstruction.

We can only speculate about the changes, which were brought by this reconstruction as well as about the previous ones. The sources mention only one specific adaptation, a formation of a second entrance into the theatre on the outside staircase to the first floor, added to the east facade. Latest by this reconstruction, the theatre was enlarged or at least adapted into the appearance, known still from photographs from the 1960s, which depict hall “from the era of the late Classicism” in simple forms with cast-iron columns of galleries. However, we can not exclude nor the possibility that the hall occupied the entire front part of the first floor under Jesuits: according to some authors, theatre area occupied almost the whole first floor already after adaptations in 1663, according to an unspecified Jesuit chronicle, there were two classrooms (against four in the ground floor) in the first floor and the hall occupied the rest of the storey.

Upper gate, so far adjacent to the northeast corner of the building, was torn down in 1839. The theatre was still the property of the city, from which troupes of travelling actors and enterprisers were hiring it. Local amateur theatrical society was playing there  since the middle of the 19th century. Revenue from performances had to cover the costs for required repairs of the decaying building; the theatre was not even suitable for operation in some years due to the bad state. A part of existing classrooms was released for increasing needs of the theatre in 1871.

An unclear reference is connected to the year 1906, that the theatre hall came into existence by one of the reconstructions of four rooms in the ground and first floor in hotel Růže ( the Rose) (in former college).

The school changed its seat after the First World War and only now the theatre commenced to utilize the entire house. Permanent theatre company was based here since 1919. With the name Südböhmische Schaubühne and under direction of playwright Hans Sassmann, it was performed for six month and the theatre was setting out on tours throughout entire Bohemian Forest apart from productions in the home stage. The troupe had over twenty actors, musicians and technical personnel around 1930.

The needed large repair was constantly postponed.  Bartušek and other authors assert that the theatre was rebuilt in 1925 “according to the design by architect Paykert”; no one has been successful in finding any evidence for whichever repair, let alone for a large reconstruction in this year (albeit City Theatre archive collection is inaccessible, the larger repair should have been surely recorded in city documents). Mention of the fact that there had not been done anything on the stage for nine years and all, including sceneries, is in a bad condition, rather indicates that no such a repair has occurred. No larger gap for adaptations is even in the list of repertoire from 1920-1932 ( although these could have been carried out in the time of summer holidays). There was a talk about the necessity of repairs in 1923, but the only works supported with evidence are just adaptations (whitewashing) in 1921 and then in 1931 and 1932. The city dedicated more attention to surveillance over operation and repertoire than to the state of the building.

After the end of the Send World War, there appeared again complaints about the bad state of  the theatre and its equipment in documents (janitor demanded procurement of at least basic furniture and properties from the city among other). Theatre director František Koprolín was asking for the theatre rental already in July 1945 and for the possibility of establishing a permanent scene here (later he proposed – already as a director of Central Bohemia Theatre- at least an assistance by organization). It was, however, apparent that the operation of a permanent theatre scene is above the city potential. After an overhaul in 1947, Městský národní výbor (MNV) (Municipal National Committee) rented the theatre with entire  equipment for 4 000 Crowns a year to amateur theatrical society Český Krumlov Scene.

The largest part of indispensable theatre reconstruction, permitted by Zemský národní výbor (Regional National Council) already in October 1946, occurred in 1947. Building department of MNV registered the work for 282 624 Crowns at that year, Český Krumlov Scene disbursed another 34 276 Crowns. Apart of  underground services exchange,  for instance a new floor was laid in the auditorium, the theatre was given a new curtain and drop. It was not successful to install a planned iron curtain apparently for financial issues. If Ministerstvo školství a osvěty (Ministry of  education and enlightenment) paid at least a part of the costs as it was asked by MNV on 17th November 1947,  is not clear from preserved reports.

Renewed theatre welcomed visitors for the first time at production of Jirásek’s Gero on 28th October 1947. The ground plan of the theatre hall formed irregular quadrangle occupying roughly the half of both upper storeys of the building along the entire street frontage. It was accessible by a staircase in the rear part of the middle corridor, on which sides there were two cloakrooms on the right and cash desk on the left in the ground floor, office with minor staircase into dressing rooms and sceneries painting shop with lift up to stage. There were toilets in the yard extension, inbuilt between the building and former city fortification. The foyer, accessible from east side even through outdoor staircase, was adjacent to the auditorium in the first floor and dressing rooms to the stage. The hall was entered through two entrances from foyer, another door led from the staircase into the front auditorium part and (before the last reconstruction) into orchestra pit as well. A staircase led from foyer onto first gallery; period label “box” is inaccurate, rows of seats along circumference were interrupted only by gallery columns. The second gallery was entered from foyer in the second floor, where a theatre equipment storeroom was located above the cloakrooms.

Gallery, on the plan of three rectangle sides with rounded angles, was supported by five columns along the side and two in the front; whereas cylinder columns in  the ground floor had simple capitals, columns in the first floor were of square plan. White auditorium without any embellishment was lit by evenly distributed spotlights and lightings in galleries as well. Rectangular proscenium arch was framed only by a double stucco moulding. It seems from the photos from the 1960s that the orchestra pit, drew in the designs for after war reconstruction, ceased to exist during these repairs.

The auditorium with oblique floor was of a size, with the orchestra pit included, of circa 13 × 8,2 m, the stage of 8,4 × 8–6,9 m. According to Javorin, the theatre had 268 seats, from which 166 in the ground floor, 40 in the “boxes” on the fist gallery and 26  and 26 standing rooms on the second gallery. (The design from time before reconstruction shows the same total amount of seats in a little bit different distribution: 160 in the ground floor, 50 on the first gallery, 58 on the second.)

Despite the executed repairs, technical state of the building was being permanently deteriorating since 1940 (post war reconstruction was passed as  only three year provisional measure), even a statics problems appeared and general building adaptation – within redevelopment of the majority of historical buildings in the centre - seemed to be soon unavoidable.

Last performance in the old city theatre took place on 27th March 1971. The building was being closed up with the vision of a reconstruction. Already before the closure, a design of its reconstruction into motion-picture theatre came into existence; the old city cinema in Nová hospoda (the New Inn) was at least in the same poor condition as the theatre. Mentions of adaptation of the theatre into cinema appeared still in 1972, however, soon they disappeared and one commenced to discuss other utilization. According to the design by Státního ústav pro rekonstrukci památkových měst a objektů (SÚRPMO) (State institute for reconstruction of memorial cities and building), dated back to 1977, the theatre building transformation commenced a  year later to be an accommodation part of Růže hotel, which had its seat in former Jesuits college since the end of the 19th century. The theatre was deprived of all inner constructions (only the perimeter wall remained standing above the ground floor vaults after the demolition) and all the traces of theatrical use of the building definitely disappeared.

The city started to lack the grand hall for culture purposes at latest in this moment, and it was obtained not until the new city theatre was opened in 1993. Amateur actors and not local troupes were playing meanwhile in provisional conditions of other spaces, for instance in Vyšehrad hotel and among other in the location of the present city theatre, in the hall of Nová hospoda (the New Inn) above Horní brána (the Upper Gate).

 

II. New building, Horní Brána 2 (the Upper Gate).

The city opened barroom in the municipal house behind the bridge above Horní Brána 2 (the Upper Gate), later labelled Nová hospoda (the New Inn) in the middle of the 18th century and it consigned it to a hereditary tenancy in 1782. Its tenant purchased in addition the adjacent plot already in 1788 to be a stable and a lean-to, above which he build up guest rooms, and even neighbouring orchard in 1794, and garden restaurant at the latest since the end of the 19th century.  A partially cellared hall was a part of the inn, adapted in 1877 according to the date on facades. The designs of the hall from 1897, which were undersigned by city builder Karl Nowaček, depict generously allocated space with big French windows, with a large  balcony in the front and another minor one in the middle of a lateral wall; the date on yard facade states that the hall wing was finished in 1899.

Second permanent cinema in Bohemia came into existence here in October 1911, labelled Lepa’s according to its promoter Ludvík Lepa. Ten years later, the Czech cinema, which was projecting in the same hall, acquired a licence too. It apparently required a renewal after ten years: builder Augustin Šembera from České Budějovice worked out the detailed offer for reconstruction. Lep was deprived of licence in 1939, because he was not a member of Reich filmmaking chamber.

Projections were made in the hall with already a more modern equipment after the war as well, when MNV rented it to state cinema. The cinema, labelled Volnost (Freedom) at that time, underwent an overhaul  on the beginning of 1958. There occurred an adaptation of the minor hall in the east building wing along the street into a “provisional theatre stage” in 1971, certainly in relation  with closing of the old city theatre. The cinema was moved  five years later  into just finished building of the new city cinema Družba ( the Friendship) onŠpičák having been built since 1974 within „akce Z“  (Z action) according to the design by Bohumil Böhm. Year 1976 dated back the first study of Nová hospoda (the New Inn) reconstruction, which was being solved in SÚRPMO under supervision of František Soukup with co-authors of the in the future realized reconstruction Břetislav Horák, Miloslav Hnát and others. A chamber theatre in the minor hall and restaurant were in operation in the building apart from  shortly thereafter abolished cinema Volnost.

Intended adaptation for  Městský dům kultury ( City House of  Culture) designed  “a small format theatre”  in the minor hall with 128 seats and with the stage with drops, in a grand multifunctional hall with podium 228 seats (there is stated 138 places in table arrangement , 290 – 295 seats in music-hall arrangement in the other passage). The hall should have retained big windows to south – to Vltava- and to west as well; the study recommended to open up the walled up minor side balcony apart existing one by the rear wall. The building could accommodate a cafe, clubroom and small ballet studio apart halls and offices according to the design. One of the variants took into an  account providing the yard wing with cellars in such a manner that the background could be located here and therefore both the halls could be in operation at the same time. Already a year later (1997), it was stated that such a reconstruction would  be very expensive and it should be proceeding stage by stage; the condition was that  operation of the minor hall would remain uninterrupted.

It follows from another report to a study of reconstruction from 1982 that only the minor hall was used at that time; it had been managed to evacuate the grand hall, restaurant and background (there was still a storage room at the beginning of the year in the grand hall) and was not possible to utilize this building part due to an emergency condition. It was apparent at this stage that a more substantial reconstruction is necessary and it would fail to keep the operation of the minor hall as well during its course.

The small form theatre was closed in 1984 as well and restaurant operation was terminated. Shortly thereafter there begun (according to documentation, processed before the application  for a building permit) cleaning of the building, repairs of supporting walls and tearing down  the secondary yard extensions and so on. It was necessary to rework the original design and a final version, essentially different from the older ones, is dated back to 1988. The minor hall completely disappeared, a newly conceived grand hall (with reversed plan - stage was oriented to street) was enlarged up to the street frontage. The appearance of the building left part, hitherto more articulated and with an irregular grid of window axes, was united by a new entrance layout and by placing of administrative parts into the attic with a row of dormers.

The authors of the reconstruction, taking place since the half of the 1980s up to 1993, were – still under SÚRPMO- already mentioned M. Hnát (project leader) and B. Horák ( responsible designer and main engineer), Hana Zachová was cooperating on architectural layout and other experts on other particular tasks. The construction has been realized by Polish firm Budimex Inc. (probably because of the lack of local building capacities and because of strenuousness of atypical commission – similarly for instance the reconstruction of the South Bohemia Theatre in České Budějovice was carried out by building company as far as from Yugoslavia).

The new theatre was opened on 22nd June 1993 by the performance of the play Of Mice and Men based on the novel by John Steinbeck by the troupe of the Prague Pod Palmovkou Theatre. The building has undergone only the indispensable roof repair and a part of its technical equipment was altered since then.

 

Present state

Long street theatre facade, curved in the middle, is stretched along Horní Street sloping to the bridge over the ditch in front of the former Horní brána (The Upper Gate). Left part is two storeyed, the right part one storeyed. The hall volume, facing northwards to Vltava, is attached perpendicularly to the street wing. Between the left part of the street wing and the volume  of the hall, a side wing with a foyer is inserted, a paved terrace closes the space behind it above the slope above the river. A garden occupies the more spacious terrace between the right wing and the hall.

The elegant expression of the building is comprised of coloured harmony if white facades, gray window jambs and green windows and lattices. The facade of the left storey part is simple. The ground floor is articulated by a banded rustication, the first floor only by rectangular window jambs with wedges. The most significant element is a stone cladding of the main entrance with a canopy. Facades toward the street and to garden as well of the right ground floor part have a more composite articulation with embossed pilasters between semi-circular arched windows in semicircular niches and a continuous, flat frieze under the cornice. A field in the middle of the wing is highlighted by a decorative relief above the window and triangle parapet above the cornice; there is one of the entrances into building in this field instead of a window. Decorative framing on both the sides of the building is lined by year 1877.   

Facade expression is determined by high French windows, having been walled up since the reconstruction and covered by a venetian blind on the outside from the north and east. Relief in the plaster only insinuate the couple of blank windows from the west. The surfaces between the windows on side facades are filled by a banded rustication and by a frieze under the cornice is articulated by triglyphs. We can read the year 1899 in the cartouche above one of the windows.

Left  part of the building has hip roofs with an array of hip roofed dormers, the right one has a simple saddle roof. Two low ventilating towers juts out from the hip roof of the hall.

Main entrance is located in the middle of the left building part. Two two-leaf doors are framed by a glazed stone cladding and are covered by a glass canopy on metal  brackets. There is a cash desk on the left   entrance part, an access to the staircase to the administrative building part is on the left. Another couple of two leaf doors is followed by a corridor, from where one enters into the cafe, which occupies the entire left part of this wing. We can enter through the door in the corridor centre onto an outdoor two flights staircase and then onto a terrace and through a couple of two leaf doors on the left to the foyer. A cCouple of marble columns support the ceiling  with a trapezoidal shape. The windows lead to the north to Vltava, a part of the wall against windows is filled with mirrors. Two entrances in the front (the left one above the three stairs) lead to the hall. The theatre auditorium occupies almost the entire space of the abolished older hall. Its walls are the outer walls of the hall volume at the same time apart the entrance from foyer; the only access to here is through an emergency exit in the east wall.  

The auditorium floor gradually ascends towards the rear wall. Two independent staircases to balcony, which divide the three hall parts roughly in the middle of the height, are located along the sides of the technical booth. The rear balcony part with five rows of seats ascends upwards, only six seats could be  accommodated on both the sides behind each other.

White hall walls are articulated by rectangular fillings, covered by decoratively pleated textile, above high plinth (fillings can evoke windows, their rhythm, however, does not correspond to the rhythm of walled up French windows, visible on the facade).  Mural lightings are mounted between the fillings. White ceiling is articulated with stucco moulding; a middle smaller mould with a chandelier covers an array of reflectors. Colourful harmony of white wall flats and ochre (golden) fillings is complemented by red seats.

Auditorium with 12 × 17 m size has a capacity of 272 seats including extra seats, from which is 189 in the stalls and 83 in the balcony.

The theatre has a proscenium with more than 3m depth with two small staircases on the sides; the proscenium flat can be opened into an orchestra pit below it. The wall on proscenium sides are articulated by simple flat squares, upper part is topped by a smooth quarter cylinder arch.  Hinged speakers are distinctively mounted on the sides of the proscenium arch with 5,6 × 6,4 m size, articulated again only by flat frames. There is no turntable nor trap room. Dressing rooms and administrative rooms are adjacent to the stage in the left building part. A rehearsal room, which is possible to utilize for minor actions organizing, is located in the first floor. The rooms in the right ground floor side serve  as a technical background, costume hire service is located at the end of the wing with an independent entrance.

The authors of the reconstruction succeeded in positioning the stage, meeting the modern operational requirements, into the area of a historical building. Lightly historicising shapes of interior furnishing complement well the classicist facade expression and thus create a comfortable and elegant environment. The theatre, which programme consists mainly of touring performances and concerts, is owned and run by Český Krumlov city.           

 

Sources and literature:

– Státní oblastní archiv Třeboň, pobočka Český Krumlov, Sbírka rukopisů, Nikolaus Urban von Urbanstadt, Geschichte und Beschreibung der befreiten Berg- und Schutzstadt Krummau I, 1841, s. 269

– Státní okresní archiv Český Krumlov, fond O–1, kart. 615 (roky 1920–1932); fond Městský národní výbor Český Krumlov, sign. 323/1 (roky 1945–1948); fond Jihočeská divadelní scéna – Městské divadlo Český Krumlov (1822–1944) je zatím nezpracovaný a nepřístupný

– Městský úřad Český Krumlov, archiv stavebního úřadu, spisy domů Horní čp. 153 (stará budova) a Horní brána čp. 2 (dnešní divadlo)

Josef Gerstendorfer, Geschichte des Gymnasiums in Krummau (von 1584–1777 und von 1871–1896) [in: Dreiundzwangzigster Jahresbericht des Staats- Obergymnasiums in Krumau, veröffentlicht am Schlusse des Schuljahres 1895–1896?], Krummau 1896

– Rudolf Jordan, Dramatische Bestrebungen der Jesuiten in Krumau, Mitteilungen des Vereins für Geschichte der Deutschen in Böhmen LIV, 1916, s. 141–189

– Alfred Javorin, Divadla a divadelní sály v českých zemích I, Praha 1949, s. 41–44

– Luboš Lacinger – Jan Muk, Český Krumlov, čp. 153 – divadlo: Stavebně historický průzkum, Státní ústav pro rekonstrukci památkových měst a objektů, rukopis, Praha 1967

– Josef Hejnic – Jiří Záloha, Český Krumlov a divadelní tradice, in: Jitka Šimáková – Eduarda Macháčková, Teatralia zámecké knihovny v Českém Krumlově I, Praha 1976, s. 11–36, zejm. s. 12–15

– Jiří Záloha, Městské divadlo v Českém Krumlově v 17. až 19. století, Jihočeský sborník historický LVI, 1987, č. 1, s. 36–38

– Antonín Bartušek, Zámecká a školní divadla v českých zemích, České Budějovice 2010, zejm. s. 39 a 102–107

 

 

Tags: detached building, Habsburg monarchy

 

Author: Jiří Bláha

Translator: Jan Purkert

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

fourminustwo=