enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN

Panorama-Dramatique

... Châtelain

history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)14.4.1821 | opening

(detail)21.7.1823 | closure

People

History

"This theatre, situated upon the boulevard du Temple, was built under the direction of Messrs. Vincent and Chatelain, and opened on the 14th of April, 1821.
The front is composed of a large arcade adorned with two Corinthian columns and two  pilasters, between which are colossal figures of Thalia and Melpomene. In the tympanum of the arch are two genii, holding in one hand a trumpet, and in the other a crown. Above is a pediment, which presents two kneeling genii supporting the arms of France.
The interior is neatly ornamented, and will contain upwards of fourteen hundred spectators. "

 

In:  Whittaker, G. B.: The History of Paris from the Earliest Period to the Present Day: Vol. II. London, 1825 p. 522

 

 

Author: G. B Whittaker

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

fiveplusnine=