enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | SK

Bábkové divadlo na Rázcestí

alias Krajské bábkové divadlo
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)1960 | opening

History

Slovak puppet theater has its origins in amateur theater of 19th century, greatly influenced by nomadic Czech puppet companies, who were visited the territory of Slovakia since the beginning of the 19th century. The administration's most important family of puppeteers - Stražanovcov (since 1878 acting under the name Stražanovo lútkové divadlo) and their followers, played between the people of Slovak  Slovak towns and villages a considerable role in spreading awareness and national consciousness. In his repertoire of games missing from Czech and Slovak authors, played in the Slovak and often had them build a national-revival ambition. In the changed conditions of the newly created Czechoslovak state after 1918, however, found adequate successors, as well as for other types of performing arts, puppet shows and began anew to build a Czech intelligence, which at that time came to Slovakia. Gradually add to it to enthusiasts mainly from a series of Slovak teachers. Puppetry is assumed mainly for schools and clubs and under the influence of Czech puppet theater began to focus on the child viewer. This situation lasted until World War II period, when the abolition of guilds, transposing theatrical circles States, and not least the forced departure of Czech theater again caused the stagnation. The process of gradual recovery from the end of the war intervened Theatre Act of 1948, which was nationalization of all kinds of theater and non-operation of private theaters. Bábkarská theatrical operation started to grow in state organizations, as were schools, race or trade union clubs. Since the late 50s took the lead role of a professional puppet theaters (1950 Žilina, Nitra 1951, Bratislava 1957; 1959 Košice, Banská Bystrica 1960), initially operating in the Drama Theatre. Was only later became independent.

As a last puppet theater founded in 1960 Regional Puppet Theatre in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia (since 1991 Puppet Theatre). It is located at more than 30 years became a former church building on the Kollárova street, which, however, in 1994 in restitution proceedings once again returned to the original owner (Adventist Church seventh heaven) and it remained in the theater only lodger. Therefore, in the year 1994 to an invitation to the architectural competition for reconstruction and extension of buildings Skuteckého street by the theater at that time used as an office building. Its winners became a pair of architects John and Tibor Majláth Zavarský. The three construction phases should form a complex for cultural activities, counting with the reconstruction of original eclectic villas from the early 20th century, as well as building new additions, all in connection to an existing Gallery Banska Bystrica Dominica Skuteckého painter, situated in the vicinity of the theater of the future. In a converted villa be established experimental studio with a variable factor for the 100 to 150 spectators and also a space for administrative operations and warehouses. The proposed annexe is considered the establishment of a new theater hall with a capacity of 198 to 250 spectators with the adjacent theater and communication areas. Terrace of the annex building, along with a park, amphitheater for 200 spectators and a café near the gallery should provide for various theatrical and social activities. Specific levels in the field have outdoor terraces with a connection of trails in the park. In 2000 the first phase of the project completed on 1 October and formally christened the rebuilt villa Dominica. Further stages of the project have not yet been implemented. Rebuilding villas Dominica mainly concerning adjustments under-roof space for experimental theater, change the roof and eastern part of the rear annex building - the southeastern part of the building with skylight lighting and new materials. Because of its dispersed structure of the materials created a playful solution to sensitively fit into the environment.

Building Puppet Theatre at the Crossroads in Banská Bystrica is located near the historical center, in an area with different levels of terrain height between Skuteckého street at a higher level and Horná Street in lower. Both street arose at the turn of the 19th and 20 century progressive administrative buildings, school buildings and private villa character. The locally based theater building was built of loose character of both streets. At a lower level, accessible from the top of the street, lies the former villa Skuteckého Dominica, which in 1994 set up his gallery. Just as Villa followed up steeply increasing elevation break, separating the upper level of the villa property with Dominica. It is currently only accessible from the street Skuteckého. This is a storey building on a square base layout, built to the north of the villa-type building, currently used for administrative purposes. Štvorosovú storey rear façade with a high gabled roof, pointing to Skuteckého street, highlighted in the width of the second and third axis buttress high, topped high above underroof cornice with triangular, concave-convex richly carved shield. On the ground floor is divided by a pair of window openings to segment ends with a smooth, slightly embossed lining and hints rustications in the corners and center axes lining. On the first floor is centrally situated alcove resting on the console and roof, which impinges on the highest floor to buttress. Divided into a pair of rectangular window openings with shaped console ledge and flat relief decoration with festoons of fruit Theme plant them in the box under the window-sill filler. Top, attic floor divided into two narrow rectangular frames, which stresses six simple square bossage upper and lining in the form of a circle cut-out segment. Small round window at the top bay and is surrounded by smooth, round, slightly protruding lining with orthogonal projections in the vertical and horizontal axis. Extreme, the first person on the ground floor facade is highlighted arc blind arcades with a stylized keystone, which is situated in a rectangular input with segmented skylight. At first floor level situated balcony with ornately profiled parapet, consisting of highly stylized consoles is accessible entrance to a large, segmented window, emphasizing the sides smooth, slightly protruding lining with a hint bosážového parallelepiped to continue the horizontal division of window opening. The upper end is lined cap arc simple stylized keystone. Above the cornice underroof is segmented dormers, the window aperture is repeated in an abbreviated form of the lower floor window. Region, the frontal facade fourth axis forms a pair of rectangular windows forms, lined in both cases, smooth, slightly projecting the window embrasures. In the case of windows on the ground floor side walls lining added for two stylized greatly simplified bosážové blocks and over the top, across the width of the window opening exceeding entablature indication segment shield with keystones. Window aperture lies on the floor below the windows with brackets. At the top it ends slightly protruding through the opening width equal to the lintel cornice with decorative frieze band below it. West facade is broken hips bossage shallow, at the first floor of the building mass acts alcove square floor plan, finished with a roof, extending beyond underroof mantels. Its walls broken three window openings, one on each side. Them as continuous below the windows, which are based on. Windows line the smooth, slightly protruding lining. The only significant feature decorative alcove is embossed surface decoration Theme plant fruit festoons, is identical with the decoration under-window area on Rizal, a stylized pair of simple brackets, which is oriel.

Side - south-west facade is triaxial, divided into the western edge of the bay and a pair of window openings, one on each floor. At the level of the ground floor stresses buttress Nárožná bossage, windows repeats form solution outboard front facade windows. Rear facade hides at ground floor single-storey extension.

The rear facade is in the other two most rugged. From the south side it forms new additions, divided into a higher proportion of high-gabled roofs, southwest division of the trio of dormers on the floor part with a lower pitch roof. The two top floors additions are mostly glass. The remainder of the facade broken pair of narrow window openings above the other, forming a visually continuous vitreous band, corresponding to the solution additions and rectangular window at ground floor villas. Before the window on the second floor balcony parapet is attached. At the level of the upper deck facade is decorated with stylized decorative strip rolling.

Home theater rooms are situated on three aboveground floors and one underground. Core curriculum is the lateral disposition of the stairs, by the right side approximately in the center connects transversely oriented closer communication. Make available space on the circumference of the back, front and southwest side wall. The ground floor is earmarked for part of the administrative and storage spaces in front of the right of entry is situated lodge. Public spaces are located on higher floors, accessible by stairs. Along the back of the building on the first floor there is a small hall for approx. 50 viewers - a room with a simple mobile seating device. In the western corner of the floor plan is a café and other facilities intended for the administrative component of the theater. The vast area occupies the second floor of a large hall - an experimental studio for approx. 100 to 130 spectators. It is a space dimensions 12x17 meters with a flat floor, which can aid kits praktikáblovej aspect of variable order. The rear end of the communication passage is a modern extension to the rear facade on this floor to create space for furniture.

The entire interior solution puppet theater is characterized by simplicity and informality, and contributes to making many small drawings or photographs on the walls.

 

 

 

 

Author: Viera Dlhánová

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

fivepluseight=