enczsksiplhudeitsvhrespt
/ enMain menu 
Navigation:  Theatre Database
EN | SK

Spišské divadlo

alias Reduta
history of the theatresupplementtechnical dataHistoric equipment

Important events

(detail)25.10.1902 | opening

People

Guido Hoepfner |architect - participant of the competition

History

Establishment of Redoute buildings and local theater in Spišská Nová Ves falls into a third wave of municipal theaters in Slovakia, which can be dated to roughly the last two decades of the 19th century. After construction of the first municipal theaters in Bratislava and Kosice in the last third of the 18th century, a wave of construction of theaters in smaller cities since 1830 (Trnava, Levoca, Presov and Banska Bystrica) are roughly half a century later, appears again the need for construction of theater stands. One reason was already poor state of older buildings, where the first urban theaters serving its purpose for nearly a century. Nákladné alterations and repairs, however, often seemed less advantageous position than the new theater building and cities are therefore rather opt for the new building. Their decision to accelerate the fire-safety inspections, carried out after a tragic fire Ringtheatru in Vienna at the end of 1881. In many cases, they pointed to the shoddy state theaters. The third impetus for the creation of theatrical spaces in the territory of Slovakia was Magyarization policy of the Government of Hungary, which in the operation of the Hungarian Theatre saw one of the most influential ways of its implementation. Through an extensive network of Hungarian cultural associations are also cared for, inter alia, construction of adequate theatrical spaces. A similar association was located in the center of Levoca Spis region since 1891. Should ensure the selection of quality theater companies in town, their financial and spectator support, as well as the smooth running of the theater building. In 1896, Levoca to add other cities of the region, inter alia, Ves and the association got its name Spis Hungarian Association for supporting the theater.
Since 1902, he became part Severouhorského theater district, whose office has become just Ves. For theatrical circles in the city year 1902 was also significant for another reason. Just then, is opening the newly built Reduta and local theater. Although she was hailed after its completion as a means of spreading and cibrenia Hungarian language. [Chalupecký by Ivan: Redoute in Ves, City Ves 2002, p. 6].

Rise to the status of building the theater and gave Reduta mayor Ves Julius Nosz in 1897. Discuss a proposal for his city council in late February the 1897th It was subsequently written out to tender for the construction project, which occurred in 9 of the Opinion. City council selected on the basis of recommendations of the Association of Hungary engineers and builders for the best project Budapest architect Kolomana Gerster. Consideration was given to the two sites is located, the building, which should combine the function of theater, Reduta and hotel. Place at the expense of the middle square in the park for the Protestant church, which was allegedly too close, city council voted to siting of the so-called. Middle row, which was originally pub. The decision was confirmed by a public committee Spis County 6th December 1898 after the mayor to protest against the municipal council resigned and a part of the decision appealed. 9. June 1899 issued by the chief engineer of the construction permit and construction could begin. The duration of the construction but details differ. According to Ivan Chalupecký Milena and garlic - Michalcová building was already completed in 1902 and inaugurated on 25th October of that year. [Chalupecký Ivan: Redoute in Ves, City Ves 2002, p. 6; Garlic-Michalcová Milena: The theatrical origins in Slovakia, Bratislava National Theatre Centre 1997, p. 149]. Some of the authors, however, defines the period of the building years from 1900 to 1905, where, according to Joseph Jarabo the theater part of the building dostavovaná addition in 1904. [Lukáčová Elena, Jana Pohaničová: Assorted 19th century, Perfekt, Bratislava 2008, p. 176; Slovak institute of monuments Bratislava, Levoca Centre 20: the reconstruction of monuments. Redoute Ves. Compiled by Charles King, 1979; Project task for renewal of a historical action "redoubt" Ves, developed Pamiatkostav np Centre project Zilina, Jose Jarabo, 1979].
The building consisted of three functionally separate units, theater, concert hall and restaurant with the hotel. Western part of the semicircular portion and a pair of towers has been earmarked for the theater. To him from the southern areas of Redoute affixing the hall, oriented transversely to the axis of the building. Entering the entrance to it through the northern buttress. Restaurant of the hotel was concentrated in the eastern three-storey part of the building. A theater with rounded consideration should respect the perimeter of a row of boxes at the level of the ground floor and upstairs gallery. Dance hall lined the sides of the gallery arcade with loggias on the first floor windows in the basilica and lunettes of the vault at the second floor. In terms of style, the inclusion is an eclectic building carrying the decorative morphology Baroque, Rococo and Renaissance.

Theater spaces serve initially for work traveling theater companies, local amateur theatrical circles and possible occasional visits Slovak professional theater after 1918. Since the beginning of 1957 there began to operate a set of State touring scene, set Ves, which is separated from the village theater Bratislava as its called. second set. Early May 1959, to the Ves-based Regional Theatre, which subsequently acted here four years. The general reduction theater network in Slovakia set in 1963 has disappeared. The re-establishment of professional súboru occurred in 1979 when the city created a scene Theatre The side Jonah Záborský Prešov in the file name for children and youth - The side scene Ves. Presov theater scene as set in the building served until 1992, when it came to their mutual separation and the establishment of a separate Spis theater, which also operates in today. Under the building is now situated restaurant and cafe.

The building was in the 30's of 20th century need to make any adjustments. First, however, involving only minor maintenance work is carried out in this period. Was introduced and central heating. In 1955 there was a painting of the great halls of Redoute, as evidenced by the signing paintings J. Džubák the 1955th Between 1960 - 1961 was the theater part of the General repaired, there was also a treatment for central heating, the establishment of new sanitary installations, the entire building received new wiring. In 1967 it was granted planning permission for the overhaul of roofs and facades (zodp. designer Ing. Bašková). In 1972 took place the restoration of the ceiling paintings of the great halls of Redoute and since 1976 ran the exchange of the damaged roof and roofing the entire building (Joseph Jarabo, Pamiatkostav np Žilina, design center Ves, 1976-1982). In the second stage of the project in the late 80's and early 90-ies (zodp. editor Ladislav Jakubec, Pamiatkostav np Žilina, design center Ves, probably 1988-1991) was re-reconstruction of district heating, water, sewer and electrical, has been introduced a new air conditioning and replaced part of damaged wooden ceilings inside the house. Transferred to the smaller interior layout adjustments related mainly to the establishment of new social and sanitary facilities. The interior changes were made to the new plaster, part of the floor coverings are exchanged for new or disappeared carpeting, swapped the door and window panels, including wooden structures. Restored the painting and stucco plaster architectural elements in theater and in the large hall of Redoute.

And object theater in Reduta Ves is situated in the historic center of the square in the middle of lenticular shape, flanked on both sides of the highway and terraced houses. Takes the form of a rectangular floor plan with four corner towers, buttresses, acting orthogonal to the longitudinal sides and rounded buttresses, the western predstavaným shorter side. Theater operations serves the western part of the building situated in the central theater hall with a horseshoe-shaped auditorium, conferred, and externally in the mass construction. Curvature term corresponds to a semicircular foyer with staircase, visible externally in the form of semi-western buttress. Side towers along the rear of the theater parts serve for theatrical performance.
Mentioned the western facade of the building is the main entrance to the theater section. It formed a semicircular mass hľadiskovej section between the double tower, reaching up to two floors, and less as a semicircular mass entrance foyer. At the level of base line the entrance foyer staircase predstavané, evenly divided staircase wall. The side of the bay and replace it with two separate staircases balustrádovými sills. Area 13-axis lower bay and is regularly structured with the Order of pilasters, culminating in the top of the continuous ledge. Narrow strip of masonry above it is their breakdown induce the illusion balustrádového wall. Replacing the four pillar in the central part of the semicircular pillars highlighted three secondary axes facade with entrance doors. Planted in shallow, semi-circular niches have input pair of rectangular form with rounded doors skylights. Lining nobody emphasizes rustic. Middle entry also adds on a plate with inscription identifying the house and features a triangular shield breaking above the upper cornice. Remainder of the bay and is divided at the top of the cornice lot smaller rectangular windows to below the windows and where the first, fourth, fifth, ninth, tenth and thirteenth axis and smaller orthogonal inputs, highlighted like in the case of three Central rustikovým lining. The third and eleventh Window axis in the lower part without breakdown, the second and twelfth in the bottom of the small rectangular box with rustikovým lining. The mass protruding buttress terms semicircle is divided lizenovým like family and blind niches with rounded ends navodzujúcimi illusion of window openings. At the top of the semicircle is completed, acting under-roof cornice decorated zuborezom. On it rests Onion roof with a lantern and cupola, on which is placed as a decorative element gilded swan.
Two towers, lining the rounded mass terms, divided in two thirds of string courses and hips lined rustic. Wall surfaces are erupted two small window openings in the four rows above each other. On lower floors, windows have a rectangular shape, the sector of the higher end. They are combined with decorative elements and rustikovým lining. On the ground floor north tower entrance is situated in the operational part of the theater. Turrets culminating with onion ihlancová canopy closure, by packs four decorative corners in Lucerne on rectangular pedestals decorated with masks in the form of male.

Forma north and south facade is designed similarly. In both cases it is a 13-axial facade with corner towers and a central 5 - Axis buttresses, on the northern side by another shallow bay and a width of three axes and predstavaným balcony backed up with a pair of pillars. Forma corner towers has already been described earlier. Area outside the central buttress broken down three rows of window openings, complemented by a pair of inputs on the north and three inputs on the southern facade. Lower two rows of window openings are rectangular in shape different heights. In both cases rely on the below the windows on the tiny stylized Ankon (brackets), by in case of windows on the lower deck parapet. The lining is decorated with rustic, at the top of the keystones highlighted a height staggered rustikovými belts. Third row of the top windows are semicircular end with subtle lintel cornice, following the radius windows and ornately depicted keystones. I this case the lining is decorated with rustic window and below the windows with Ankon. Buttress the south facade divided two rows of window openings, separated from one another and form a high-order pilasters and string courses smooth. The lower range of windows are set into the sector of high nobody completed, the form itself is a rectangular window with rounded skylight. Window lining stresses rustic with decorative keystones and height rustikovými graduated bands at the top. The windows of the upper row have the form of windows, which have been applied in other parts of the facade and have been described. More plastic is depicted buttress the northern facade. As already mentioned, in the area of the three axes as shallower buttress it, ended triangular shield. The central axis is located the original entrance to the restaurant and cafe, highlighted by first floor balcony and twin pillars on which rests a balcony. The function of this part of the building, also the word for the translation of forming the base balcony. By means of central entry with rounded end and the form follows the windows on the first floor of the central axis. Its height above the lower ledge triangular shield, which is the width of the window broken. Window lining is handled like other windows in the facade of the upper row, that is, with rustic, subtle rounding of replicating the cornice and window opening height rustikovými graduated bands at the top of the window. Decorative keystone in this case goes back to the top of the gable triangle. Other central area is divided triaxial buttress high pilasters queues exceeding the area of 5-axis buttress and two rows of window openings. The lower range of windows with rounded end is lined with keystone rustikové lining and a triangular gable ends. Rustic was applied to the entire bottom of the buttress, which highlighted its plinth area. The windows of the upper row have the form claimed in other areas facades. Such windows are broken and the outer axis 5-axis buttress, otherwise, its surface broken only mentioned high pilasters series. Buttresses both facades are finished cordon roof over the outside facade buttress was used gabled roof.

7-West axis facade is just finished a pair of corner towers, whose description has already been mentioned. They differ only in the design of the bottom that corresponds to the solution across the facade. As the only occupies a height of four storeys, thus compensating for the side of the towers. It is divided by three rows of window openings. The bottom row consists of high sector of closed window openings with rustikovým lining, keystone height and graduated rustikovými bands at the top just as the windows of the other facades. In this case, however, follows the plynulo rustikový facing across lower portions of the facade, which becomes less pronounced. The middle row of window openings, corresponding to the upper range of other facades with windows, and took their shape, windows are not in this part of the facade lizénovými separate tracks for smooth continuous dosadajúcimi ledge. The highest number, separated from the lower two distinct cornice, bears comparison with the windows in the middle range of a simpler form of the sector of closed windows with rustikovým lining, keystone, height rustikovými graduated bands in the upper lot and the blank rectangular sill. Even in this case windows separates lizénový band, complemented by subtle pilaster.
 

 Entrances for visitors are concentrated in the eastern sector of buttress. Located here is the entry foyer and two staircases on the sides, leading to the first floor foyer, which is divided in the middle of technical theater spaces. Foyer on the ground floor leads into the narrow hallway, following the rounding point of view and ground floor and accessed each box. Foyer leads directly upstairs to the balcony. On its sides are concentrated closer viewers closet. Entrances are no stronger visual solutions, decorative elements were applied in the upper foyer of the parapets in the form of empty fields mirror yellow. Area masonry staircase in part is divided rustic and emphasized the translation between the foyer and entrance areas staircases decorated scrolled brackets. Floor foyer on the ground floor has stone tiles, stair treads are travertine, the first floor rooms and corridor around the perimeter are covered with light carpeting. Central entrance foyer space is curved barrel vault with lunettes.
U-shaped area surrounding the terms of the circumference of a series of boxes, broken the back of the access passageway to the seats in the parterre. Over bed at the first floor of the balcony, pillars mounted system. Area of consideration is arched vault, following the shape of the horseshoe pit, cutting at the point of connection to the vertical wall lunettes. Decoration of halls are concentrated in the sill boxes and galleries, the outer wall of the gallery and stage area of the portal. It is mainly the stucco ornament plant, with dots motif lily, Wavy bands and female masks. Decorative trim is shaped by the portal frame, a translation of the portal and its gable end to the arms. Area above the shield is decorated with paintings of Slovak painter Joseph Hanula with the theme of Slovakia.
Part of the theater space is also a small studio space in the basement, originally converted from the operating room.

 

 

Author: Viera Dlhánová

Additional information

No information has yet been entered

Add information

Name: The name will be published

Email: The email will not be published

Information: Please enter information about this theatre, at least 10 characters

fivepluseight=